When I saw Embroidery on the pillow ....I knew letterpress technique will be the perfect thingy to do to add texture. I don't have a letterpress so went for the Faux letterpress technique using Sizzix embossing folder and PTI ink. Up close it looks amazing!!
I got lots of queries and comments about these super fast less than 10 mins cards.
How do you do it so quick??
Can't believe you did it under 10 mins!!!
Oh! I can do any thing like that so quick!!!
and many more..
Here are few TIPS or rather you can say how I do this...
1. KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE!!
2. Clearly think about your design before you start( its very important because once you start there not a single moment to waste)
3. Get all your supplies ready on the crafting surface. I prefer a larger table so there is enough space to work. I spread it like a Buffet....a craft buffet ;)
4. If you are planning to to lot of stamping(like I do) get quite a few acrylic blocks,mount stamps all at a time, use both side of the blocks, skip cleaning the stamps if possible, open all the required stamp pads together
( nothing will dry up within 4-5 minutes)
5. Try to save time where ever possible...like today for the Chevron Part, I inked half the border stamp with one color and other half with one more, as my piece of cardstock was only 2" wide , I saved time on cleaning stamps...these small things matter a lot;
6. Okay! About cleaning the stamps...I just keep two baby wipes folded on the table, when required I just tap my stamps on it and clean( just like you ink your stamps).
7. Always great to use adhesive back embellishments...its an Awesome time saver;
8. If you want to use foam adhesive...go for Foam Tape instead of pop dots as you can save a lot of time on removing the backing. I put two long strip of foam tape, thats it ...Super quick.
Hope this explains the process...
I'm not a Pro...so if you've some great tips Please share with us!
To play along in SCRS challenge, upload a photo of your project and provide a direct link in the linky widget at the bottom of the SCRS post. If you use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please also use the keywords SCRSC88 and SparkleCreations (no spaces). If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there.
Deadline for challenge #88 is Sunday, September 23rd @ 9 PM PST.
CFC69: Create a CAS project using Black & white plus one other color of your choice.
This week's challenge is sponsored by very new and AWESOME stamp company..
Prize: $20 GC for Neat & Tangled stamps!!!
Here is my Black& White + Red card...
I finally got my Neat & Tangled stamp set....really wanted this one from the very 1st day of the sneak peek post. This set is called JUST HELLO. Loooooooove that lil' telephone... cute!!
The black & white stripe paper is from Echo Park.
Very simple card with three tiny red rhinestones(from Pizzazz Aplenty) lil' Copic coloring and some glossy accents!!
If you would like to join in....please post a direct link to your B/W+ one color projects....HERE.
You've until 12:00 noon EST -next Thursday! Can't wait to see your take on this challenge.. Thanks for stopping by!!!